Tuesday, April 2, 2013

How To Get Stuff Done

Leave a Comment
Lately, I've realized that procrastination has become a big issue for college students, even those who normally get good grades, largely due to the so-called "Spring Fever." So here are some tips for how to stay on track and be productive!

1. If you're having trouble concentrating, ask yourself why. Is it because you're hungry?

 Get some food! Is it because you're tired? Take a 20-minute power-nap. Is it because you're stressed about other life issues (relationships, financial situation)? Tell yourself that those matters can be dealt with later and that your top priority at that time is to get your work done. If you try to focus on both, you won't get your work done or the other issue solved either.

2. Concentrate for about an hour at a time, and take 15-minute breaks.

 I've found this to be super helpful when I'm studying, because even though I have to force myself to focus, I know I'll be able to take a break soon so the time studying doesn't feel as long. During the break time, you can do basically whatever you please - watch some TV, eat, text your friends, or take a quick nap. Doing something other than studying for that short amount of time will make you feel more refreshed once you go back to studying.

3. Drink lots of water

If you're one of those people who has to be doing something other than just sitting at a desk while studying, drinking lots of water is a good alternative because not only will grabbing your water bottle constantly keep you a little occupied, but it will keep you hydrated and awake (make sure it's cold water)

4. Study in a semi-comfortable place.

I've heard many different opinions on where to study - many say you should study in an uncomfortable place in the library with no distractions so as to force yourself to study, but I personally prefer to not sit in an uncomfortable metal chair for hours. While I would definitely not advise studying on your bed, I do think that sitting in a comfy chair or even a couch is a good idea because you can relax your body just enough so that you can focus more on the material instead of being uncomfortable.
I hope these tips work out for everyone!

Latinmetalhead

0 comments:

Post a Comment