Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Top European Metal Bands

Leave a Comment
So even though I love tons of metal here are my absolute favorite ones that are fairly new and that come from Europe that I seriously recommend everyone listen to.

1. Children of Bodom

The first real metal concert I ever attended had this band as a headliner, and it was unbelievable. I was able to witness Finnish metal at its finest, and stared in awe as lead guitaris/singer Alexi Laiho worked his magic on the guitar - which made me consider him one of the greatest guitarists of all time.

2. Ensiferum

I have to mention that one of my favorite genres of metal is Viking/Folk metal, and this band is truly the definition of that genre. With incredibly complex and fast chord progression and riffs, this band stuns me every time with how amazing all of their songs are, especially "Into Battle." If you're ever looking for music that makes you feel as if you are a Viking soldier in the Netherlands fighting the battle of your life through blood, sweat, and tears, this band will definitely do the trick.

3. Eluveitie

As another band that I have seen live, I was amazed by the sheer beauty of this folk metal music. The way lead singer Chigrel Glanzmann plays the flute and sings, along with other members playing the hurdy gurdy is simply mesmerizing. Must-listen to tracks include "Thousandfold," Inis Mona," and "Everything Remains (As It Never Was)."

4. Rammstein

I was lucky enough to see this famous German band in concert in May of 2012 in Chicago, and it was by far one of the best (if not, the best) concerts I have ever been to. In case you're not familiar with this band (which you should be), Rammstein puts on one of the most visually stimulating and extreme shows in the world, including massive pyrotechnics, eccentric costumes, and even phallic props (which caused the band to be banned from performing in the U.S. previously because of its "inappropriateness.") Not only are their shows amazing to watch live, but if you know their songs, you will love chanting out the German lyrics along with the band to songs such as "Du Hast" and "Reise, Reise." Once you become a Rammstein fan, you will stay a Rammstein fan for life.

Latinmetalhead

0 comments:

Post a Comment