So, the unthinkable has occured - the infamous rock band My Chemical Romance has apparently broken up, as per lead singer Gerard Way's long post on Reddit just recently. Stating that the "truth became louder than the music," Way reminisced about the times when MCR was an up-and-coming band, when their passion was at their strongest.
Being a fan myself in my younger years, I was definitely one of those people who lived vicariously through the band, watching videos and interviews and being captivated not only by Way's dark yet illuminating style, but by the power of the band as a whole in truly captivating that youthful angst and cathartic feeling. As many other long-time MCR fans know, this breakup not only means the end of the band but in a way, an end of their constant hopes of the band coming up with a new album that will excite them.
However, some say that the band is actually just going to reinvent itself, that Gerard Way will still continue to make music. Or as Way himself wrote, "My Chemical Romance... will never die, because it is not a band - it is an idea."
Popular Posts
-
As one of my favorite bands of all time, I've decided to review Nirvana's second (and arguably, most known) album, Nevermind . Altho...
-
Hey guys, I wanted to share some handy eye makeup tip s I've learned from a friend and over the years of doing makeup myself. Here...
-
Hey all, Here's the second song of the day, enjoy :) Happy Friday! latimetalhead
-
1 . Do. NOT. fall. asleep . Especially if you are in the first rows. This should already be obvious to most of you, but if not, you sho...
-
Here are some awesome tips for applying daily foundation! 1. Cleanse and Moisturize! Before applying foundation, I always make sure to ...
-
So even though I love tons of metal here are my absolute favorite ones that are fairly new and that come from Europe that I seriously recomm...
-
Hey, I just thought I'd start doing a "Song of the Day" now so I can share great songs with you guys that you will enjoy. ...
-
Hi all! Here's a brief review of the Maybelline Falsies "Volum Express" mascara. Overall, I really like this mascara because...
-
Hey everyone! Hope you all are having a blast today, I know I did last night. One of the great things of being on the UW-Madison campus for...
-
Hey! Just thought I'd share some great songs that I've been listening to a lot lately. Listen and enjoy :) 1. "My Twin" -...
Labels
- Asking Alexandria (1)
- Bands (1)
- College (5)
- Easter (1)
- Jokes (1)
- Madison (2)
- Make Up (1)
- Makeup (3)
- mascara (1)
- Music (7)
- My Chemical Romance (1)
- Pet Peeves (1)
- Product Reviews (1)
- Song of The Day (2)
- St. Patrick's Day (1)
0 comments:
Post a Comment